March 6, 2014 in Gaming News
Activision today took the lid off Devastation, the second expansion for Infinity Ward’s first-person shooter Call of Duty: Ghosts. The expansion features a new hybrid weapon and four multiplayer maps and will launch April 3 first on Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
The content is included with the $50 DLC pass and can be purchased as a standalone download for $15. The first expansion, Onslaught, launched in January and is now available across all platforms. Below is a breakdown of what the Devastation DLC offers.
Multiplayer: Four new multiplayer maps.
- Ruins – Located on a Mexican peninsula and set on a mountaintop Mayan temple. Completing a Field Order will allow you to trigger the map’s volcano to erupt.
- Collision – Set atop a container ship in New York, this small map is best suited for run-and-gun tactics, Activision says.
- Behemoth – This map takes place aboard a massive excavation platform in South America. Long sight lines will benefit snipers, while interior control rooms will require quick reflexes, according to Activision.
- Unearthed – A reimagined version of Dome from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. This compact map features a secret alien weapon that you can use if you unlock a special Field Order.
- Ripper – Described as a 2-in-1 SMG/Assault Rifle, this hybrid weapon can be used on all Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer maps. It can switch from an SMG to an Assault Rifle on the fly. Season Pass owners on Xbox 360 and Xbox One can get the gun today.
- Episode 2: Mayday – During this chapter of the story, players will board a “mysterious Chinese research vessel” in the Tasman Sea and uncover a “much deeper conspiracy” as they seek out Captain Archer. Using a new form of the Venom-X weapon, players will battle a new alien species called the “Seeder.” You’ll also battle a 100-foot tall enemy known as the “Kraken.”
Finally, Activision teased that another “epic, action film character” will appear in the Devastation content, though it’s unclear who this will be. The game’s Onslaught DLC featured Halloween bad guy Michael Myers in its multiplayer mode. For more on Call of Duty: Ghosts’ Devastation DLC, check out the trailer below.
You can try Call of Duty: Ghosts for free this weekend on Xbox 360 and Xbox One through the game’s multiplayer demo, which runs March 7-10. It marks the first time in the history of Call of Duty that Activision has released a multiplayer demo.
|Eddie Makuch is a news editor at GameSpot, and you can follow him on Twitter @EddieMakuch|
|Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more here: Game Spot News